1.25.2008

"Would you take a walk with me?"

Only about 12 hours until we kick off our third weekend of marathon gaming. Just wanted to make a couple quick updates and announcements before we kick-off our quest to beat that game in 17 hours starting at 10AM CST tomorrow.

We finalized our second money transfer to Child's Play today after some money finally cleared through the systems. Today's donations? $364.15! Thanks for the amazing numbers, you guys just continue to amaze us. This brings our yearly total now to $1569.33.

We also discussed some new plans for donations at our last team meeting. While we do still feel that we need to upgrade our equipment to make the show better, we will not be taking any money from donations. We're looking into ways to finance upgrades, but we have decided that donations will not be our key to that like we originally considered.

I got a chance to talk with Jake at Infendo for a really sweet interview, which you can find here. I definitely suggest you check it out. We will also be interviewed on a podcast next week and featured in a magazine dedicated to comic books and games in February. All these opportunities are real sweet and I will be sure to post links as more becomes available.

Also wanted to use this post to make a real big announcement! We have decided to start looking for people to join our official Four48 Street Team. If you are interested in spreading the word about the site and our game marathons, check out this post here over at the Four48 Forums.

Well, I am out to catch a concert (Asteria). Before hitting the hay for a big day tomorrow. Hope to see you all early at www.justin.tv/cbanga. We'll be on about 10AM CST. If you miss me too much, send some e-mails tonight to Cameron@CameronBanga.com so we have some reading material early tomorrow.

UPDATE: Just got an e-mail from one of our good friends, Biiaru. If you don't know him, he is the guy that donated Paper Mario to us via Virtual Console which we will be playing tomorrow. He has let us know that if we beat 16 hours tomorrow, he will be donating ANOTHER VC game to us. I think we may have to up the ante and prepare to beat our 17 hours which we originally calculated.

He also wanted me to share that he has formed an IRC chatroom for the day tomorrow and that he will be in there starting at 9AM CST for an extended pre-game before we kick off at 10 AM CST. I definitely suggest that you join him in the chat. Here is the info...

IRC Server - irc.systemnet.info channel - #448
JAVA Chat - http://dyo-ecksdee.com/448java/

2 comments:

Benito said...

I set my alarm, just in case my body decides it wants to sleep in. :P

Good luck tomorrow, and hot dang Biiaru!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking 17 hours is a bit much, seeing as I am now working on getting the last Star Spirit and I'm at about.. 6 hours and 30 minutes. But we'll see what happens, seeing as most of you guys haven't even played the game. Hahah.