1.29.2008

We had a pretty big team meeting tonight and after an hour or so of working out details, we have a pretty big announcement to make. We hope you all are as pumped as we are haha.

To get down and dirty with some details, I would like to let you all know about our "Four48 vs The World: Round 1" weekend we have planned for this weekend.

We have decided to take on other teams worldwide in a speed run of Resident Evil 4 starting at Noon CST. Anyone can enter to take us on but you have to meet a couple of certain requirements first...

1.) You need to be able to broadcast your entire run online through Justin.TV or Mogulus.
2.) You need to be able to start at noon CST this Saturday.
3.) You need to be able to stand losing to us.
4.) Seriously though, we are going to kick your ass.

We are also limiting the number of competing teams to 8 or so, depending on the number of entrants we receive, so contact us about competing ASAP. To sign up, e-mail me at Cameron@CameronBanga.com and be prepared to show that you have webcasting abilities. You will also need a copy of RE4 on any console (PS2, Wii, or GCN). We will be taking teams more or less at first come, first serve to compete based on who can prove they will have the means to broadcast by Saturday. Also, any e-mails asking for help to set up a broadcast will be ignored. You either know how to set it up or you need to check out Justin.tv or Mogulus for information through their help pages.

Now you may be asking yourself, "Why should my friends and I work to beating you this Saturday?" One simple answer. The first place team in this event will win a brand spanking new copy of No More Heroes. Sweet enough right? You play RE4 with your friends this weekend in hopes of winning a new game for the Nintendo Wii. And if you don't come out on top, you are going to be helping to raise donations for Child's Play with us, like we do every week with all our proceeds going to benefit the charity. It's win-win.

But what if (not really what if, but more like when we) win, what will we do with the prize? We don't want a new copy of No More Heroes (well, we do, but for this weekend we will pass on it). If we win the speed run contest, we will be giving the copy of No More Heroes to all those of you watching us on Justin.TV.

We'll be holding a contest throughout the day which you can enter by sending us a picture of yourself (or your friends) with the words www.cameronbanga.com written somewhere on your or their bodies. Bonus points if it is a girl (well, you don't have a better chance of winning necesarily, but you will win bonus points with Adam). You can enter more than once, however each additional entry must be of a different person (aka, the second entry must be your friend, girlfriend, mom, brother, etc. Just not you again. Multiple pictures of yourself won't be accepted). Also, entries will only be accepted starting noon on Saturday until we beat the game, so don't start sending them to us yet. Entries can be sent to Cameron@CameronBanga.com

More details to follow in the upcoming days, so be sure to head back here often to see if we have any updates. If you and your friends are interested in taking us on, get that e-mail to me soon and make sure that you have the set up to play.

Hope you are all as pumped as we are. Send me any questions or comments.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

my team is gonna beat you!

Anonymous said...

keep doing the competitions cause i cant make it the next two weeks but my friends would definetily be up for it n a few weeks

Anonymous said...

Dude, my brother and I may pwn you, we'll see. I don't know if I should let him play a Mature rated game ;)

Anyway, we may need a few more people to realistically pull it off but I will let you know probably tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I own RE4 for both PS2 AND Wii, I'm pretty good at it as I've beaten it like 4-5 times. The only problem is managing to get some friends to join me. If I can figure out how the hell to broadcast, and get some people (or by myself, meh) I may very well join. I REALLY want No More Heroes!

mme said...

Hey it's me Matt Emm

I wanted to participate so I sent you an e-mail

Just wanted to show how UK gamers are best

Anonymous said...

I completed RE4 loads of times on PS2 and then got it on Wii. I beat it in 12hrs normally and in 5hrs with the unlimted rocket launcher.

Anonymous said...

Damn my roommates who have also played RE4 are going to be gone this weekend.

Benito said...

I'll only be able to watch the first half or so, as I haven't been able to beat the game yet.

Good luck, guys!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I have not played RE4 yet. If I had, I'd be watching, but I don't want to ruin it (lol, ruin RE's story. On second thought, I might watch).

Anonymous said...

You guys are in college. Don't you ever have homework?

Anonymous said...

if you guys do an oot competition, i will beat you all single-handed. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow Sara, pretty bold, you think you can beat them in OoT with one hand? That N64 controller would be hard to hold one-handed.