5.12.2008

Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick update on what my summer plans are looking like. Got some things sorted out today and it looks like most of this is good to go...

So I have blogged before about not wanting a real job and if you couldn't tell, I was pretty serious about this. Frankly, I don't want to sit in front of a desk all summer because I foresee myself doing that for the rest of my life. This is possibly my last summer of freedom and my last summer where I am not technically 100% adult.

So what is my plan to combat this need of society to clock-in to a 9 to 5 job in order to receive a pay-check? I plan on webcasting my life. That's right, as of right now I plan on sitting in front of my webcam for 20-30 hours a week and be myself.

The goal will be to turn this venture into something profitable. Essentially, I am creating a life blog which will focus around me trying to come up with a product or service that people would buy, making that product or service, and selling it with the ultimate goal of surpassing $3000 in profit, which would be the money I would be missing out on by not working a regular job this summer.

It took a bit of convincing to get my parents on board, but I think they finally realize that I have a shot. Well, they may not believe it but at least they are being supportive of their son. That's all that really matters, right? Sure, I am going to be living in their basement the entire summer but does that really make a difference? I am sure we will find out by mid-July.

What does this mean for you? Well, I really hope you spend part of your summer with me. I plan on playing a lot of video games (hopefully online if I can get my WiFi working with my Wii and DS) and working on the site to make it a better experience. Really, the choices will all be up to what the majority of people would like to see happen. I would love to set up tournaments for Brawl or Mario Kart and just sit down and chat a bunch. Some friends (Dillon, Matt Green, etc) have already promised a visit or two to my house, so it should be a fun time.

So why am I really doing this? Why would I spend what will most likely total between 300-400 hours on camera this summer? To be honest, I really want to prove a point. I want to prove that creativity can mean something in the world and that if people really want something, they can do it with some hard work. I want to be successful at this and I want to show that I can make money without wearing a tie and working at an office. Life is full of expectations from society and an overlying assumption that everyone must fit into a "norm." I don't want to fit into that role and I truly believe that if I work hard at what I want, I don't have to.

I'll have more details as well as some ideas as to what I plan to do to bring in revenue in the near future. The expected start date is on or around June 1st and following that, I will post weekly schedules as to when you can expect me online. Video streaming will all be done (hopefully) through justin.tv and I will be updating/maintaining this site constantly. If you have some ideas as to what could be done to make this summer amazing, send me an e-mail to Cameron@CameronBanga.com.

Otherwise, I hope you can start planning to spend some hours gaming it up with me and enjoying time meeting friends this summer. Imagine that this will be like summer camp and I will (hopefully) be the cool consoler who lets you sneak out after curfew to play kickball, take an extra piece of cake with dinner, and climb that ultra dangerous rock wall that no one is suppose go up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

make sure you give us plenty of notice before you are on.

Cameron Banga said...

There will be tons. After the first couple of days, I plan on having a weekly schedule online so you can see exactly when I will be live.

Benito said...

Well, I'll be sure to be there. :)

Anonymous said...

Bout effing time =D

repick_ said...

Will you do barrel rolls on command?

Cameron Banga said...

Maybe one or two.

Anonymous said...

Does it have to be on command?

And will you click on every rick roll?

And will you show us 15 seconds of Man nipple?


(saw a highlight of it)