3.08.2008

"I came to this strange world hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take."

It's pretty late here, 1:30 or so in the AM, but I have decided to take some time to update since it has been about 3 weeks and I have taken an extended vacation.

I guess I should start by kinda recapping my last couple weeks. Some big events have kinda transpired I guess. They are somewhat the reasons behind my lack of postings.

First, I got a sweet new job for next school year. As some of you may know, I am currently the news director at WVUR in Valpo. I produce a show that runs 5 times a week and keep people updated with the happenings in the world. It's a pretty sweet gig and I enjoy it a bunch.

However, after an interview and application, I found out that I was chosen to be general manager of the station for next year. It's a pretty nice opportunity (we're the second largest organization on campus) and will give me a lot of great experience. However, after learning that I got the job, I had a couple weeks of crazy work in preparing a budget and getting ready to interview people who will make up our staff next year. I am also on spring break now and worked 40 hours this week, which accounts for my lack on time the last 5 days or so.

Anyways, I apologize, the gap is definitely unacceptable and I will work on it.

With regards to games, not so certain that a Brawl release special will be happening. We kinda had some stuff come up and with people being on break, I don't think it will happen. Sorry to disappoint, but it would just be a poorly executed marathon which we know you guys wouldn't want. It would also maybe only be Matt Green and I and you may not want that either (except for the person who wrote that homo-erotic fan fiction). Don't fret too much, we will see another big release or two before long (Mario Kart anyone?).

In other Cameron Banga news, my girlfriend returns from a week-long trip tomorrow. You guys may not care, but that means a lot to me. I should hopefully see her tomorrow and I am pumped.

The Chicago Fire also kick off their season here pretty soon. I have been following MLS news here for a couple weeks pretty hardcore and I am ready as ever for the season. Is anyone else a Fire fan? I got season tickets this year and am pumped as ever.

Well, I am off to bed now. Peace up everyone.

3 comments:

Joey said...

DC United FTW, Mr. Banga c:

Anonymous said...

Can we at least get a mini-marathon? :P Give us something mang...the people want you and matt! Maybe an old classic to play on the weekend?

Anonymous said...

My wife and I havnt gotten to watch a marathon since we got married! You stoped the week we got back!
Well good luck on your job!
Its nice that your girlfriend is coming back. I know I dont like it when I dont get to see my wife for awhile.