1.06.2007

I apologize for the lack of subject and short length of this post. I must admit, I didn't even plan on making a post until Tuesday. However, I felt I should really give thanks to those who deserve it.

Last week, I wrote an article about converting to OS X. The story can be found here. I also wrote a response to that article in which I write about several of the e-mails and comments I received which you can find here.

The original article received over 3100 diggs and was even the top story on Digg.com for a while. I received nearly 100 great comments on this site as well as nearly 300 on Digg.com. I also recieved about 30 great e-mails from people who read the post.

Thanks to e-mails from Photoguy and KrazyMike, I was informed that my article had been mentioned in the New York Times. My post was mentioned in the "What's Online" column written by Dan Mitchell.

LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP According to AppleInsider, more than two million Macs were sold this holiday season (appleinsider.com). Converts from Windows will spend much of January getting used to their new machines — and it’s not always as easy as Apple would have you believe. Cameron Banga offers a list of “Things I Wish I Had Known Before I Switched to a Mac” on his blog “Confessions of a Teenage Fanboy.” No. 1: “When you install an application, you might not have actually installed an application” (teenagefanboy.blogspot.com). DAN MITCHELL

Complete links are at nytimes.com/business. E-mail: whatsonline@nytimes.com.


The entire article by Dan can be found here. The column can also be found on page B5 of today's New York Times.

I would like to give a huge thank-you to Dan for writing about my article. I can't even explain how great it felt to see my name in the New York Times. I would also like to give a bigger thanks to the users of Digg.com. Your diggs definitely helped increase the popularity of my article. Digg is, without a doubt, the greatest user-focused website on the internet.

Again, sorry for the lack of a post today. Be sure to check out the blog next week. I will be posting my opinions of the announcements Apple makes during Macworld.

Thanks again to everyone. I really appreciate the feedback and support.

This page is brought to you by...
If you love wikis, the web has millions of informative wikis. These awesome little tools are an easy way to create fun things to do on your site. You can create a video game wiki for your website! Additionally a wiki can be specialized for any niche so add one to your site!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really great to hear. You deserve all the attention, because it was a well written guide and very entertaining. Congrats on your 15 min of fame!