8.17.2008

So, it's been a couple days since I kicked off my week with Twitter. I figure that now would be a good time to talk a little about the pros and cons of the micro-blogging site.

The Positives
It's real easy to use - Twitter is simple to set up and the developers make it real simple to integrate Twitter into a cell phone, iPhone, Firefox, desktop, Facebook, Pownce, etc. Not only is it easy, but the service becomes better when you use it more.

Great way to meet new people - In my couple days, I have already found several people to twit with who I didn't know before my experience with Twitter. I find myself interested in their daily activity and their funny tweets. Not only that, but I find myself responding to them quite often as well.

You can use it as much, or little as you like - The service is flexible. Are you a post machine? Go ahead. Don't like committing yourself too much? No biggie either.

It's a great way to stay connected - I follow Barack Obama, ProBlogger, and Mashable on the site. It is great to see small blurbs about what some of my favorite people anywhere.

The Negatives
Finding friends - I really wish it integrated with Facebook somehow so that I could find all my FB friends who are using the service. It really isn't that simple to find friends through the service and I feel like I am missing out on tweets from close friends.

Spammers - While this isn't a big problem right now, I see it as being an issue in the future. I have had a couple accounts begin following me which appear to be spam. I also see posts from more popular Twitters often complaining about spam. We'll see how Twitter responds to this problem as it becomes more popular in the future.

Better template options - It took me some time, but I finally think I have a sweet page template. However, I wish that the site had some more documention or tips on making a great looking page. I have had to get most of my information through Google, most of which has been contradicting at times.


We'll see what else comes up with the service in the next few days. Expect a final review here soon.
________
Bored? Listen to my podcast series.
Take a listen to great interviews with Steve Wozniak and more.
Subscribe on iTunes.